Mid Back Pain Treatment in Islamabad
Dr. Aleem Liaqat
Dr. Aleem Liaqat is an internationally recognized expert in treating disorders related to human movement. He has done his graduation from Rawalpindi Medical University and post-graduation from Isra University. His main areas of interest are Soft tissue mobilization, sports physical therapy, and musculoskeletal disorders. He is the only certified Mulligan Practitioner in twin cities i.e. Islamabad and Rawalpindi Pakistan. He is also a certified Spinal Manual Therapist from manual concepts, Australia. He is a certified Kinesio Taping Practitioner from Kinesio University, United States. He has also done certification an Orthopedic Sports Kinesio Taping Specialist.
IPRC Mid Back Pain Treatment
Mid Back Pain
Thoracic spine plays a vital role in the conduction of nerve impulses and transfers load during your physical activities. Whenever the fascia or muscles around your mid back becomes imbalanced, tight, or weak spinal mobility and stability are reduced, thus increasing the risk of injury and pain. Proper diagnosis and using advanced technologies are proven to be game changers in the treatment of middle back pain at IPRC. Accurate diagnosis and treatment at IPRC will help in the reduction of symptoms and complications such as disability.
Get The Best Treatment At Iprc:
At IPRC, we are proud that our experts provide the best care for patients. Our custom design treatment approaches will ensure that you get appropriate therapy designed for the reduction of middle back pain. Our physical therapists are experts in providing one – on – one approach and appropriate treatment protocols on the basis of your diagnosis ensuring to reduce of your dysfunction and middle back pain. The advanced technology equipment at IPRC guarantees that our patients get fast and appropriate diagnosis so that dysfunction and pain are resolved as early as possible.
Our treatment protocols, modern and advanced technologies, expertise, and experienced physical therapist make IPRC the best clinic for the treatment of middle back pain in twin cities.
What Is Thoracic Spine?
The vertebral column is made up of 33 vertebrae. Thoracic spine consists of 12 vertebrae making it the longest area of spine. Your ribs attach to thoracic vertebrae making your middle back an important part of your breathing mechanism.
Middle back area also consists of muscles, connective tissues, spinal disc and blood vessels. Injury, decreased mobility and instability of middle back can have effect on your breathing. It also reduces your spinal movement and increases the chances of injury.
- Annoying Dull ache pain
- Pain may radiate to other parts of your body such as neck, hip, or shoulders.
- Arms and legs weakness
- Chest pain
- Numbness in your extremities, belly or chest
Common causes of middle back pain :
- Lifestyle change that can cause pressure on your middle back muscles and spine like poor posture, smoking, and a sedentary lifestyle
- Disc herniation puts pressure on nerves causing mid back pain
- Muscular weakness and spasm
- Degenerative disc diseases like osteoarthritis in which the cartilage around your joint breaks and bones rub together causing pain in your middle back
- Injuries from trauma, sports or falls can also lead to middle back pain.
Middle Back Pain Personalized Treatment At IPRC
At IPRC, we use innovative and effective treatment options to resolve middle back pain in the shortest possible time. Our first goal is appropriate examination and accurate diagnosis followed by providing personalized treatment approach depending on the nature of your middle back pain.
Treatment for your middle back includes the following therapies at IPRC:
- Therapeutic ultrasound to reduce pain, increase circulation and relax tissue tension.
- Interferential current (IFC) is electrical muscle stimulation to relieve pain and promote faster healing of our patients.
- TENS is used to slow down the pain signals that goes to brain and spinal cord which may help in muscle relaxation and reducing pain.
- Cupping therapy helps in improving blood flow and reducing symptoms. it also aids in relaxation and facilitates healing process.
- Dry needling is used for the relieve of muscular spasm and stiffness. It breaks trigger points which are tiny knots in your muscles.
- Chiropractic adjustments to maintain proper alignment of spine.
- Therapeutic massage to reduce tension in your muscles and fascia.
- Retraining to correct posture.
- McKenzie exercises to improve spinal movements.
- Spinal mobilization to relieve joint pressure and improving function of nerves.
- Stretching of muscles to reduce muscular tension and improve range of motion or mobility.
- Manual release for reducing stiffness and pain and improving spinal mobility.
Preventing Middle Back Pain
Maintaining proper posture will help in preventing your middle back pain. Sitting and standing straight, lowering chair height so that feet are flat on the ground can help in improving posture. Reducing your stress level also plays a key role in preventing middle back pain. Uncomfortable bed and poor sleeping habit and position may lead to the development of middle back pain. Avoid heavy lifting but if doing so then you should bend your both knees keeping your spine straight so that load on spine is reduced and leg muscles perform most of work while lifting.
Dr. Aleem Certifications In Physical Therapy
Certified Spinal Manual Therapist
Dr. Aleem has done various certifications in the field of physical therapy. He is Certified Spinal Manual therapist (Manual concepts, Australia). Spinal manual therapy is used to relieve neck pain, back pain and other musculoskeletal conditions by application of forces at joints of spine. These treatments are helpful in restoring spine dysfunctional areas.
Feel Free To Contact Us
Dr. Aleem also delivers lecture on ergonomics at corporate sector in whole Pakistan including Telenor, PTCL and Ufone.